Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Have You Missed Me?

Okay, I would love more than anything to say that I am back but let's be honest.  I tried that once only to disappear almost immediately following.  I will not promise, as my life has a way of consuming me, but I will hope to try to post once a week?  Twice a week?  I guess what I am trying to say is I will certainly do my best to post more often than I have been...which has been not at all.

For a while, I was so busy doing that I didn't have the time to write about it.  Nolan and I went through a faze in which we walked the lake every day, rain or shine.  That very productive train was derailed by a ridiculous knee injury caused by my attempt at running.  (Hopefully I will write an entire post on THAT even though it was months or so ago.)  In case I do not post about that experience, let me make a long story short and say that I happen to run more like a dinosaur than a gazelle.

Project Baby Weight has not been the only thing that has taken a back burner these last months; my world revolves around Nolan.  I don't just mean that in an "he's my son and I love him way;"  I mean that in an "everything about my baby consumes every ounce of thought and strength I have just to make it through the day" kind of way.  I know this sounds very dramatic but I am serious.  On more than one occasion I have contemplated calling the doctor for large doses of Zoloft and Xanax.  Perhaps if I just exercised I wouldn't feel the need for prescription meds but finding the time and energy to exercise is almost tantamount to exercise itself, of course without the caloric burn and health benefits.  Therefore, I have discovered a new form of self medication that has caused me to go in the opposite direction on weight loss and overall health.  Red Wine and Salt and Pepper Kettle Chips only to be consumed whilst watching trashy, time-wasting reality television (IE The Bachelorette) any time after 10 pm in the evening.  At my house we just call this Mommy Time.

Thanks to Mommy Time, I have gained 5 pounds.  I think it's finally time to reconstruct Mommy Time into something more beneficial both mentally and physically so I can move the scale in the other direction...fingers crossed!

4 comments:

  1. I thought you looked FABULOUS at the lake, so even if you aren't feeling it and not feeling the energy, you sure are projecting it. The love you have for your family is BEAUTIFUL. And...nothing is better than mommy time, you deserve it. Hope to spend some actual time with you in the near future. P.S. Alethea is Katie VandenBerg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe it will come off! glad your starting a blog so you can look back on it and remember :) I wish I kept up on mine better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any time you and Casey want to come to Bend for the weekend for a little mountain biking, just let me know! I know the process of planning a trip and trying to make it happen with an infant could be a little too much right now, but the offer is always open! Miss you already gorgeous lady, you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember feeling the same exact way when each of my children were babies. The only thing I can say, as cliche and unhelpful as it sounds, is that it will get better. I swear. You'll look back and not even be able to understand how you made it through, but you will have. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help on the medication front if you need to. I didn't ask for the help I needed until I had suffered for way too long. You don't win an award or anything for making it through infancy without meds, so just take care of you, friend.

    ReplyDelete