Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Getting Started

Being a new mom is hard. Rewarding, but hard. I'm three months into my life as a mom, which is my greatest accomplishment, and I finally feel like I'm starting to figure things out. For example, when my son is tired, he shakes his head and rubs his eyes. When he gets fussy he probably wants to eat. I know when he wants to cuddle, when he wants to play, read books, and sing and dance with mommy. I feel like a great mom. But then I look in the mirror and my reflection reminds me that there is more to life than just being Nolan's mommy. I am also a wife, a housekeeper, the family CEO & CFO, a woman who once cared about her appearance. It is in these moments when I get discouraged. I need to find balance in my life.
So here is my blog; my way to hold myself accountable. My outlet to share my struggle to lose baby weight, find balance, and anything else I think people just might want to know.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Haley! This is inspiring to even those who aren't blessed to be mommies yet! I look forward to seeing your progress. I miss you.
    -Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Haley! Good for you,,,, I think this is a great idea...thanks for sharing
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete