Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Quick Decision

Yesterday was one of those days I was so busy I hadn't even thought about what I was going to do for exercise until my husband came home from work and asked me "so....? Are you going to the gym or what are you doing?  Zumba?"  Ugh.  "No Zumba" I responded, "I'm not ready to pour salt in that wound yet."  As he continued to talk to me I tuned him out so I could think of all the reasons why I couldn't go to the gym.  I had laundry, dishes, I was tired.  I think I had about 20 reasons right off the bat.  And I thought, nope, no excuses.  I interupted what ever it was that he was saying and said "YES!"  He looked puzzled, "yes what?" he asked.  "YES, I am going to the gym."

I quickly changed my clothes, grabbed my gym bag and a bottle of water, kissed my guys and off I went.  Sometimes it really is just that easy. 

My workout was nothing special, 45 minutes on the Precor AMT (which is an awesome machine by the way), but the fact that I made such a snap decision to workout is.

3 comments: